The world can be filled with unknowns, surprises and downright shocking events.
What’s worse, is that we don’t have control over a lot of the things that happen to us. Whether being the loss of a loved one or friend, the economic turmoil from a pandemic (I’m looking at you COVID-19), or any number of changes in life.
So, what are we as living, feeling humans to do?
GET BUSY LIVING THE LIFE YOU WANT
You’re probably thinking “oh, that’s easier said than done, Mr. Blogger guy”
But, really it’s pretty simple. Despite anything happening in your life (with the exception of the grieving process for the loss of someone) you can power through it with focus.
Many things take our focus away, whether it be social media or whatever anxiety provoking attack we’re having today [which is extremely common during the uncertainty we’ve been handling the past 5-6 months in America].
Here’s what you can do:
- Start a blog (Why not? You’re good at something, and other people need to know!)
- Start a side business (The easiest businesses to get started in are doing jobs people don’t want to do themselves: Detailing Cars, Pressure Washing Services, Carpentry, Setting up Furniture/IKEA Products, and so many more!)
- Get a hobby (Photography, Origami, Jewelry Making, Woodworking, etc.)
- Get into your job! (If you’re lucky enough to still have one, you might as well double down and be serious about it)
The point is, don’t let your anxiety of the things you CAN’T control get in the way to doing things to move you forward.
Get Busy Living for yourself
Trying to impress people is so 1994; so ditch the used Pontiac Fiero, the dangling feather earring and pick up a modern car you can feel great driving in a t-shirt and jeans.
Don’t worry about what your parents think you should be doing, and follow your intuition to find your calling or follow your calling if you’re lucky enough to know what that is already.
Here are some ways to gain control over your life:
- Get enough sleep [Know your body, and how long you need to get a restful sleep to handle your day tomorrow].
- GET UP EARLY [Yeah, right after I said get enough sleep.. I mean it, get out of bed with a productive morning routine to tackle].
- Get Exercise [Go for a run! Or a walk if that is more your speed]
- Get Motivated! [This will only help get you going, because motivation fades, you’ll have to…]
- Get Determined! [This is long lasting effort toward achieving your goals].
We all fall out of our ambition at times, falling into a river of comfort and float wherever the river bends. But, we’re bound to bump into some rocks.
Correct your aim, adjust course, and swim back to shore.
You can do whatever you set your mind to, and external issues cannot hold us down.
As a human, we’ve got to be resilient, and sometimes push through even when we don’t feel like we can. Before you know it, putting in the effort even when you don’t feel like it will bring you success like you’d never imagined.
You can succeed.